Dr. Pierce's Tip of the Week - Archive
The Bodies Ultimate Fat Burner
July 15, 2004
It is a common misconception that if a women wants to loose weight she should begin first with an aerobic workout, running for hours on endless, followed by a diet of rice cakes and carrot sticks. Unfortunately, the best possible outcome is to become a "skinny fat person." The possibility to loose weight will happen with a proper diet, but unfortunately you will have a poor muscle to fat ratio and a "soft" appearance. So, what is the big secret in melting the fat pounds and gaining lean, sleek, defined muscle tone? Begin lifting weights utilizing the German Body Composition Program.
The body's ultimate fat burner is muscle. For every pound of muscle the body gains, 50 extra calories are then burned a day. If you increase your lean body mass, you increase your metabolic rate, which in return makes it easier to lose fat. Obviously, weight training is the key to developing optimal strength and to build muscle, so decrease your fat by weight training.
The German Body Comp program is basically for the individual who hates aerobic training, bored out of their mind from spinning classes, and looking for a way to loose fat quicker than running on a treadmill. The goal of the GBC is to increase lactate to promote growth hormone production. "The key to using weight training for weight loss is to increase the release of growth hormone, a biochemical produced naturally in the body which helps regulate body fat" (Poliquin).
Implementing any sort of strength training regimen, there are always a few tips to consider, in order for you to achieve your fat loss goal.
1. Regular workouts. Be consistent in performing your strength training workouts. No program will work correctly if it is not properly performed. One time a week, does not cut it.
2. Proper sleep. At night your body releases a protein hormone known as somatotrophin, commonly known as human growth hormone. HGH has both an indirect and direct effects on the body. It assists in increased muscle mass and strength, decreased body fat and higher energy levels.
3. Great nutrition. Eat small and nutrient dense, but OFTEN! Ingesting quality protein 4-6 times a day will stop the yo-yo patterns in blood sugar levels. A good rule of thumb: Never go Hungry!
4. Stay hydrated. To lose fat or gain muscle, staying hydrated is a key ingredient. "Dehydration leads to higher cortisol output, with its negative repercussions ranging from increased oxidative stress to the brain to increased fat storage" (Poliquin). Drink about 0.6 to 0.7 ounces per pound of bodyweight. Always drink water throughout a workout.
5. Protein rotation. Do not eat the same protein source 2 days in a row. Substitute other protein-enriched foods such as turkey, ostrich, and halibut with eggs, ground beef, chicken and tuna. Variety is essential.
To learn more on the German Body Comp program and to apply effective weight loss guidelines and sample fat loss workouts purchase your copy of Charles's latest book or attend Charles's upcoming seminar: Phoenix Fest 2004! The seminar will include information on losing weight, managing stress and rejuvenating yourself. For information on attending the seminar or for your own copy of the GBC book, please contact Michelle@charlespoliquin.net.
Be amazed at the results!
Want More Tips? Visit the Tip of the Week Archives